- Supplemental Questions
This award assists domestic students entering the University of Alberta in Fall 2024 without having completed any post-secondary coursework and who have demonstrated financial challenges and barriers to attending university. Through the program, students will be considered for up to $8,000 per year in award funding. Up to 30 new students per year will qualify for the award.
We recognize the questions in the application are personal and will require self-reflection that may be uncomfortable or triggering. Be candid and respond within your comfort level. Should you need mental health and well-being support or someone to talk to, we encourage you to contact the Kids Help Phone, Canadian Mental Health Association, or Hope for Wellness Help Line.
If you have questions about the application while you are working on it, please email email@example.com
I have read this section in its entirety.
The questions in this section are designed to give us a brief insight into your life circumstances. We recognize these questions will not tell your whole story. There will be space available to go into more detail about your personal, family, and financial situation in the Educational Goals and Challenges section.
Please select the response that most closely describes your current housing/living situation.
- Please select the response that most closely describes your ability to access food.
- Please select the responses that most closely describe the option(s) you are considering to help pay for attending university?
- Excluding your cell phone, do you have access to a reliable internet connection and a computer at home?
Educational Goals and Challenges
Please share your interest in pursuing post-secondary education. What will achieving a post-secondary education mean for you?
- What has been your most significant challenge(s) in pursuing your education goals?
- What are your plans for after graduation?
Authorize and Release Statement
- 1. I certify that the information contained in this application is complete and correct as of the date of submission. I authorize the Selection Committee or the staff at the University of Alberta to access my academic transcripts and any other information applicable to this application.
- 2. Full Name
- Show 4 more